Advanced Settings – features explained
Here is what each feature means:
- Path - this option allows you to specify custom path to the directory where your domain will load the files from. The default path for my-best-domain.com is /www/my-best-domain.com/
- IP Address – by default every domain points to a shared IP address. If you have already purchased a Dedicated IP address, you can assign it to your domain, selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- Error pages - here is where you can set your own, custom error page for your domain, for the most popular HTTP Errors, returned from the web server.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) - SSL is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private.
You have the options to generate one or upload SSL that you have bought with another provider.
Activate Access & Error Logs - here you can activate the access and error logs for your domain (if necessary).
Activate Frontpage Extensions - if you are using FrontPage for website builder, you will need this option activated in order to be able to publish your site from the FrontPage.
- Error 400 page - This error 400 bad request, means that a request for a URL has been made but the server is not configured or capable of responding to it. The request contains bad syntax or cannot be fulfilled.
- Error 401 page - For use when authentication is possible but has failed or not yet been provided. Means that the client does not have the required privileges to access the site.
- Error 403 page - Means that the request to the page is forbidden. You don't have an access to enter the site
- Error 404 page - Page not found - means that the requested resource no longer exists or has been moved, or the address may be misspelled.